the goods yards
the goods yard, at the moment, its just a off shoot from the station.. ive added some track, and fitted the points, in a classic shuntinhg puzzel.. ive also motorised the wheel chock, that protects the mainline from any run away trucks.. its conected to a trainline point motor, (which is realy A servo) so when the point to the goods yard is thrown,alowing acess to the goods yard, the wheelchock is removed from the rail,and when the point is set against the yard , its placed onto the track
next up.i added the chain link fensceing, i found some gutter netting in a £ shop, its nylon, so it should last, i made the posts out off brass bar, and soldere copper wire to the top, to look like barbed waire.. after this, ik made a set off brick walls and a wooden gate ,(and yes, it opens and closes)
next up, i was given a scrap peaces off upvc soft bord(the stuff your gutters handg off).its white plastic, and i thought it would be a nice test bed for the new platforms im going to make, so i set about makeing a goods yard platform.i cut off the 1 inch upright, and used it to make tabs, to stick on to the soft bors, so the new brick suround would have something to grip.. i scribe some scrap plastic sheets in to bricks, and stuck with superglue to the soft bord, next i scribed in to the top, a set of edge stones, and flags.. a rub down with a razzor saw, roughted up the surface nicely, then it got a coat off gray primma, after that ,it was a simple job off painting the bricks.. after it was completed, i decided to go with this idea for thestation platfroms.. next up,was the yard crane, its made from thin brass tube, and scrap plasticard. and it took 2 days ,1 day to cutthe bits out, and a day painting, it now sits at one end off the platfrom.. the next bits the goods shed, i wanted it in keeping with the rest off the railway.. its made from plastic sheets and plant labels for the iron work, a day marking out the bricks, a day cutting it out, and a day,so far, glueing it up, and fitting the ibeems..
and this is were i was at the end of today,june,2012 thinking about the lighting, ...
july, and things have progressed, painted the brickwork, and sorted the lighting,used 00 scale street lights,12 volt.. off evilbay ,they look just right to me..
added the interiure
walls and glass.. the glass is sandwiched between the iner and out wall, working doors added ..
its takeing shape, and beginging to look the part
working doors, glass windows, yes, ilike my 1st atempt at scrach building..
yes, i know the stone work looks awfull, it looks awfull in the flesh,so to speak but trust me, im a idiot
its the second coat off paint, the next coat is the top coat.. and it did make a massive differnsce
i made the two canopys..useing theH beam plant lables plastic , it sits on rtop off the4 sticking stright out, so the canopy slops down, the lorry side will be the easy to do, as the railway side will have curved ends
but basicly they are the same, i marked out every 5mm, for the end planks, and drilled a hole 7mm up..after scribeing it..
clear as mud, i know but it dose work,, the canopys are screwed onto the h beam at the ends..
i made some brass hooks for theblock and tackl, which i made, again, it works.. the brass hook was soildered onto the brass chane,.. took it out side for alook see,its now ready to be installed out side..
if i can do it, you can do it
today i installed digglemill , imarked out its final positon, and drilled a hole underwere the platform,
would sit.. broke into the 12 volt ring main under the basebord/railway..and conected the power surply to the
mill, i removed the crane, and after lining up the mill, i fasterned it down, by screwing four 2" screws , through the platform, all are hiddedn by the crane, and boxes..i then tested the lights, and started to add the
detailing bits. a lorry, and brusce and ian. playing cards..
i likes it